Draw a Plain Scale 1 cm = 1 m to Read Decimeters, to measure maximum distance of 6 m.
1) Calculate R.F. = Dimension in Drawing / Actual Dimension
R.F. = 1 cm/ 1 m = 1/100
Length of scale = R.F. X max. distance
= 1/100 X 600 cm
= 6 cms
2) Draw a line 6 cm long and divide it in 6 equal parts. Each part will represent larger division unit.
3) Subdivide the first part which will represent second unit or fraction of first unit.
4) Place (0) at the end of first unit. Number the units on right side of Zero and subdivisions on left-hand side of Zero. Take height of scale 5 to 10 mm for getting a look of scale.
5) After construction of scale mention its RF and name of scale as shown.
6) Show the distance 4 m 6 dm on it as shown.